Well, my friend Sean over at http://sean-mackenzie.blogspot.com/ had already done the Facebook version of Things About Ourselves and wrote some more on her blog, and I was tagged by her, so even though I did the Facebook version, I’ll do it here too. I was told to do 7, and I was told by a Facebook friend to do 8, and another Facebook friend to do 9. So maybe I’ll just combine them. 24 things about yours truly!
1. I’m from Holmes County, yet I don’t speak or understand Dutch. Well, I know a little bit and can speak some words and phrases, but that’s it.
2. I’m against animal cruelty, but I’m really not a big animal lover. When I get married and have kids, I don’t want them to have pets in the house (unless it’s like a goldfish or hamster or something) because I don’t want to have to deal with poop, pee, and shed fur everywhere. Sorry, kids.
3. Full House is my favorite TV show.
4. My biggest fear is never getting married. Yes, I know there are fates far worse than a lifetime of singlehood, but I hope and desire so much that there is a good, godly man out there for me somewhere.
5. I want to be a foster and adoptive parent.
6. Anything relating to the Royal Family and September 11 fascinates me.
7. I once dyed pink streaks through my bangs. Our youth group was going to Costa Rica on a mission trip, and the girls decided to dye their hair pink. (Not their whole heads, obviously). I was too scared to put any streaks through my head, so I had them done in my bangs. At first I wasn’t sure I liked them, but after a while I kinda did. Not sure if I’d do it again, though! :-/
8. With the exception of pumpkin pie, I’m actually not big on pumpkin flavored things. I also tried egg nog once, and I didn’t really care for it that much.
9. Oreos are my favorite cookie.
10. I got my driver’s license at age 20, exactly a week before Thanksgiving (and one month before my 21st birthday).
11. I got my ears pierced at age 22. It hurt, but it was worth it! I love having pierced ears!
12. I broke my finger a few days before my tenth birthday, and we didn’t go to the doctor right away because we didn’t know if it was actually broken or not. But on the day of my birthday, Dad and I went to the doctor, and sure enough, my finger was broken. I broke it by jumping off a chair.
13. When I was about 6 or 7, I sprained my right arm by falling off a chair. Chairs seem to be hazardous to my health.
14. The first time I got my hair highlighted, I cried because I thought it was too blonde.
15. I never learned how to roller skate, roller blade, or ice skate.
16. When I was little, I ate some grass once to see if anything would happen (i.e. get sick or anything). Nothing did. (Yet if I stand on a chair, something seems to go wrong. Lol.)
17. My favorite song (well, one of my favorites) is “Who Says” by Selena Gomez.
18. Chocolate is my favorite ice cream flavor.
19. My favorite movie is Monster’s Inc.
20. For some reason, I’ve always related better to people older than me. I always felt more comfortable talking to women who were older, married and had kids, etc. than I did with people my age. Sometimes I wonder if I just matured faster. ;) Just kidding.
21. My favorite books are the Bible, as well as The Pearl and The Novelist (both by Angela Hunt).
22. I wish I had a good singing voice. I always cringe when I hear myself sing.
23. I once checked in 743 books in one day in the bookmobile department at the library. Yes, it was busy that day. ;) Summer was starting and my co-workers brought back like 20 or so bags of books that had to be checked in, as well as teacher crates of school books. Didn’t get any shelving done that day.
24. My favorite Contemporary Christian songs are “Blessed Be Your Name” and “Praise is Rising”.
I’ll give y’all a bonus one: I actually used to wish for braces, because I was so ashamed of my crooked teeth. I still get embarrassed by them at times, but I’m trying to love my smile more!
I’m not sure if she’ll do it or not, but I’ll tag my cousin Kristin over at http://transparentsplashesofcolor.wordpress.com/
So there you have it! 25 facts about me!